HERE IS A LIST TO MAKE YOUR MOVE A SUCCESS
ECONOMIC MOVING offers you a complete practical list to succeed and plan your move. You will find a list for each step, whether it is at the planning stage of your move or during the move, this list is important and is an indispensable tool. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our qualified team
who has over 15 years of experience in planning successful moves. Proper move planning is crucial to a smooth move.
- BEFORE YOU MOVE - once your move date is set
- Make your address changes to Canada Post, federal and provincial governments, utility company, family, friends, etc.
- Make your address changes to the utility companies: cable service, electricity and arrange for connection to the new address.
- Clean up: It's best to get rid of items you don't need before you move. Fewer boxes, fewer unnecessary costs.
- Book early! Reserve early: trucks, movers, friends, etc.
- Elevators at your new or old address: many apartment buildings have fines for unexpected moves.
- Don't forget to register your children at their new school or activity center.
- Do you have pets? Think about them and to reduce their stress, have them stay with you on moving day.
- Gather last and first night's essentials in a cardboard box, such as sheets, pillows, medications and toiletries.
THE IMPORTANCE OF PACKING WELL FOR A SUCCESSFUL MOVE
- Our experience in packing and unpacking allows us to advise you on how to make your move a success.
- Use towels and washcloths to pack fragile items.
- Tie up bulky items with rope, tape or "tierap": curtain poles, brooms, blinds.
- Label or write on boxes (sides) - clearly write what room they go in.
- Put in a ziploc the sets of screws of each piece of furniture that you have dismantled in a bag identified for this purpose.
- Identify each wire such as; cable, televisions, game consoles, stereo.
- Get the necessary equipment: 2 cubic foot and 4 cubic foot cardboard boxes, 3 inch tape, white packing paper, labels and a black pencil.
THE DAY OF THE MOVE
CALL ON PROFESSIONALS, MOVING PROS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED VAN LINES NETWORK TO ENSURE QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH HIGH INDUSTRY STANDARDS.
- To make your move a success, ECONOMIC MOVING suggests a few points not to neglect.
- Make a last tour of the rooms before leaving to make sure you don't forget anything.
- Sweep up and take out the garbage, out of respect for the newcomers.
- Move fragile items into your car instead of the truck.
- Prepare a box of items to keep on hand: toilet paper, paper towels, snacks, band-aids.
- Take care of your health! And hire professional movers.